Thursday, June 5, 2008

Synthroid and Appetite

I’m not sure how the nighttime dosing is going. Simply because I am so hungry the next before I take it, I am craving food about an hour before I am supposed to take it. I think that the synthroid and appetite go hand in hand. After I take the synthroid the appetite wanes, but at the end of the day, before I take more, I seem hungrier. I have gained back one of the five pounds I just lost and can’t help snacking a bit at night. I may have to go back to morning... Is anyone else getting hungry a few hours before they take the synthroid?

3 comments:

Hungry Monkey said...

As a rule I never eat between dinner and bedtime, regardless of appetite, but I haven't noticed feeling hungry before I take the night-time dose.

Against my expectations, I have noticed that my sleep is much improved though!

Teacher mom said...

Can I be nosey... What time is dinner and what time is bedtime? We usually eat and five and I go to bed at eleven, and I am hungry. I don't know how people don't eat in between. I guess I need to find a way to be one of you! You say regardless of appetite, sometimes I am hungrier than others, but it seemed to me more lately since I switch to the nighttime dose.

Yes, I thought the nighttime dose would keep me up but I am sleeping much better too! It is a pleasant surprise! (And we deserve one!)

Anonymous said...

I take synthroid, and I noticed that every time I take it my appetite increases incredibly. I am hungry and snacking and I try to snack on fruits, but it doesn't seem to help. When I dont' take it my appetite drops. I have gained 30 lbs in the past two years dealing with my hypothryoid and medicines I hope this changes now that I am consistantly taking it. But I do believe it goes hand and hand.