Saturday, July 19, 2008

Synthroid Sleeplessness

Now that my synthroid is up to 250 mcg, I am back to not sleeping. I am still taking it at night and two hours before I take it I take an Advil PM as well. Even with the Advil PM I can’t sleep more than 5 hours a night. I am getting a lot done, but I am exhausted the next day and not getting a lot done when I should. It is not a fair trade off. The synthroid is absorbing better as my last numbers showed 8 down to 1.7 TSH level. Although the endocrinologist said that is not low enough for a cancer patient. People who had a tumor in their thyroid and had a complete thyroid removal should be less than one but over zero, delicate balancing act I think. I am going to see about taking less synthroid but not a drop all the way down to 225 again. If he prescribed me 75 mcg synthroid I could cut them in half and add that to the 200 pill and have 37.5 mcg, so 237.5 a day perhaps that would be a good balance. I’ll ask him in August when he does the year after ultrasound of the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.